Lack of physical labour, mental work pressure, stress, faulty lifestyle and wrong dietary pattern are some of the factors that spike the levels of blood sugar. Blood Sugar can be controlled, managed and prevented to a larger extent through different alternative therapies.
Signs Of High Blood Sugar
The main symptoms of diabetes are:
- Concentrated urine
- Frequent urination due to more sugar in the blood
- Frequent hunger to cope with high sugar
- Unquenchable thirst
- Dryness in the skin
- Eyesight problems
- Feeling of tiredness and weakness
- Delay healing of wounds
- Itching in the body, especially in the genital organs
- Weight fluctuation
- Drowsiness and low sexual urge
Causes Of High Blood Sugar
There are many causes and factors associated with it;
- Hereditary & genetics
- Nutritional deficiency
- Obesity and fat distribution
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Stress, tension and worries
- Excessive use of alcohol
- Insulin deficiency and resistance
- Increased cholesterol level
- Diet rich in carbohydrate and fat
- Excess intake of oil and sugar
- High blood pressure
- Removal of the pancreas by surgery
Tests and Diagnosis
- Fasting Plasma Glucose (FPG) test
- Oral Glucose Tolerance Test (OGTT)
- Random Plasma Glucose Test
- Finger Stick Blood Glucose
- Glycosylated Hemoglobin Test
Complications Of High Blood Sugar
- Cardiovascular disease
- Kidney problems
- Stomach nerve damage (Gastroparesis)
- Eye diseases
- Bone and joint disorders
- Skin problems, digestive problems, and problems with teeth and gums
- Nerve damage (Neuropathy)
- Dental problems
- Skin and foot disease
- Diabetic coma
Easy Home Remedies For Blood Sugar
- Use bitter melon in your diet to control high blood sugar
- Drink 1 cup of Methi juice every morning to bring down glucose level.
- Amla and orange contain vitamin C, quite beneficial for high glucose in blood.
- 5 mango leaves + 1 glass of water left for overnight, drink after filter to reduce sugar level.
- Take curry leaves twice a day for good result.
- Take before lunch and dinner about ½ tsp each of ground bay leaf + turmeric + aloe vera gel; good to fight diabetes.
- ½ cup of bitter gourd juice in the morning is one of the best remedies for diabetes.
- Honey + turmeric powder + dried gooseberry powder to show glucose level down.
- Diabetic patients should chew 4-5 Jamun leaves in the morning and evening.
- Chew 2 leaves each of Neem and Bilva to minimize the impact of it.
- Overnight drenched almond is also useful.
- Diabetic patients should take natural apple juice.
- Use of Garlic, Karela, Onion, Soybean, should be abundant in diet to overcome sugar level.
- Drink more water in the morning before exercise.
Yoga To Lower Blood Sugar
Yoga practices and poses aim at restoring the health of the affected pancreas and helps it to make up the deficiency of insulin secretion. Sugar in blood is reduced significantly after Yoga treatment in the form of practicing yoga poses and Yogasanas and glucose tolerance will be increased.
- Sirsasana (Headstand pose) revitalizes the pituitary gland that is directly related with sugar control.
- Paschimotasana (Powerful pose) tones up the pancreas, spleen and kidney.
- Veerasana (Hero’s pose) is conducive to physical and mental equilibrium thus relieves from feeling of tiredness and weakness.
- Dhanurasana (Bow Pose) stimulates the pancreas and secrete correct amount of glucagon and insulin at the right time.
- Shalabhasana (Locust Pose) aids in curing high blood sugar.
- Katichakrasana (waist rotating pose) helps to lower down the sugar level in the body and induces a wonderful feeling of lightness.
- Ardha matsyendrasana (Half spinal twist pose) good for lowering down sugar level in blood.
- Mayurasana (Peacock asana): This asana is very beneficial as it stimulates the metabolic process.
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose) stimulates the pancreas and helps in proper secretion of insulin.
- Uddiyan Bandha is good for overall functions of hormonal glands.
- Nauli (Navel string) is effective for proper functioning of pancreas thus regulates sugar levels.
- Bhastrika Pranayama (Bellows Pranayama) improves digestion and helps to enhance overall function of the body.
- Surya Nmaskar (Sun Salutation) is also recommended for the condition.
- Relaxation yoga poses like shavasana, Makrasana and Balasana are useful too.
Ayurveda Brings Down Blood Sugar
The Ayurvedic treatment has greater application and importance in tackling lifestyle related disorders like diabetes. The various components and mixtures of ayurveda are helpful in fighting hyperglycemia;
- The best remedy of hyperglycemia is to take juice of bitter gourd or Rose apple/Bel/Neem on empty stomach daily.
- Turmeric is a useful remedy for sugar.
- The mixture of 1/2 teaspoon of ground bay leaf + 1/2 teaspoon turmeric + 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel controls sugar in blood. It is advisable to take the ingredients twice a day before lunch and dinner.
- 100 gm grind seeds of Methi + turmeric 50gm + white pepper with a glass of milk twice a day.
- The powder of rose apple stone twice a day.
- Amalaki Churna (500mg) + Turmeric Powder (500mg) + Naag Bhasma (125mg) may be taken with honey.
- Take a glass of water with 10 Tulsi leaves + 10 neem leaves + 10 Belpatras on empty stomach reduces the content of sugar in blood.
- Copper vessel water in the morning is also useful.
- Bel leaves has anti-diabetic characteristic, take it with black pepper.
- Garlic contains Allicin that reduce sugar level and help in breaking of cholesterol.
- Onion has low sugar characteristics.
Unani Medicine For Blood Sugar
Unani strongly believes the total cure of High Blood Sugar is possible through energizing the pancreatic cells. The oil of black pepper, fennel, and juniper has a restoring and rejuvenating effect on the pancreas. Insulin stimulant oils are carrots, eucalyptus, fennel, geranium and lemon oils
Diet Tips For High Blood Sugar
Diet plays an important role in reducing the level of sugar. The goal of such patient is to avoid any surges in the blood glucose by maintaining ideal body weight through proper nutrition.
Best Diets In Hyperglycemia;
- Fresh fibrous fruits and vegetables are useful in diabetes
- Soyabean, Bean, Turnip, Cucumber, garlic, Lauki, Bitter gourd, Spinach, Fenugreek, Bathua, Chaukie, Amla, Jamun, Bel, cabbage, tomato and carrot.
Foods To Avoid
- Fast and junk foods
- Cold drinks
- Dried fruits like Badam
- Oil for cooking
High Blood Sugar Prevention & Precautions
With the help of regulated diet, alternative system of medicine and proper module of exercise; sugar can be controlled and managed to a larger extent. Guide yourself with the following;
- Skip sleeping at day time
- Avoid alcohol
- Avoid smoking
- Take care of your ENT parts
- Follow exercise regularly
- Do Yoga
- Take extra care of your food
- Make your dietary chart
- Avoid sugary substances /products completely
- Use of junk, oily, fried and fat enriched foods should be avoided.
- High fibrous food should be preferred.
- Avoid non-veg.
- Avoid ghee, Vanaspati, fine flour, smoking, chewing of Jarda and Gutka
- Keep yourself away from stress as it is the root of many diseases
- Frequent and excessive eating put you in danger
- Apathy for exercise may put you in danger.
IF you have been diagnosed of diabetes and you want a natural solution that will not put your health in danger of complications of diabetes, read about our holistic herbal and guaranteed natural treatment to reverse diabetes.
If you have gained anything from reading this, don’t hesitate to share it with others too. Put your comments and questions or topics you will like us to write about in the comment box below.
Stay Healthy And Never Give Up!
Tel – 08099666650
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter – @planbwellness