The fertility diet consists of eating more of certain types of foods, known to increase fertility, support the endocrine system and the reproductive organs, while avoiding those types of foods known to disrupt hormonal balance, impair ovulation, increased acidity in the body, and suppress the immune system.
Fertility diet and nutrition are very important topics that not many fertility experts take into close account when dealing with infertility issues.
How you eat before conception makes a world of difference, both in your ability to conceive and in your ability to carry a healthy pregnancy to term. Here are some fertility diet guidelines that you can easily apply to your daily dietary choices.
Start improving your general health and the health of your reproductive organs, today!
This fertility diet can be easily followed by anyone and it should become your normal once you get pregnant because it will provide all the necessary nutrients to your growing baby.
These dietary guidelines should be followed by both partners in order to increase the chances of getting pregnant. A healthy fertility diet will increase the quality of eggs and sperm.
- Eat organic dairy products that do not contain hormones or antibiotics. If you suffer from endometriosis or fibroids, you should avoid dairy products altogether because they naturally contain estrogen which stimulates their growth. If you have polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) you should avoid dairy, too.
- Eat organic fruits and vegetables as often as possible in order to avoid harmful pesticides and herbicides in your diet. This is key when making your fertility diet choices.
- Eat only lean red meat that is grass fed or organically grown. Conventionally grown cattle contain hormones, antibiotics and other contaminants that contribute to excess estrogen. Eat red meat only once or twice a week. Eat a very small amount, no more than 4 oz. at a time.
- Eat only white meat like chicken that is free range or organically grown to avoid hormones and antibiotics which can disrupt your hormonal balance. Most conventionally grown chickens contain hormones and other chemicals that may disrupt your hormone balancing.
- Eat fish that is fresh and comes from deep sea waters. Select fish like sole, tilapia, cod, and salmon. Avoid farmed salmon, tuna, shark, and sea food because they may contain high level of heavy metals.
- Eat plenty of legumes because they are high in fiber which helps regulate blood sugar reducing fertility issues associated with polycystic ovarian syndrome and contain a good source of protein.
- Eat whole grains and avoid processed and refined white flour foods. Select pasta and breads made with spelt flour or kamut flour, brown rice, amaranth, millet, buckwheat, or quinoa. Avoid flours that are made with GMOs (genetically modified organisms).
- Make sure your fertility diet is high in fiber because it helps the body eliminate excess estrogen. Also it lowers your blood glucose.
- Do not eat soy products unless they are the fermented type like miso or tempeh. Soy has estrogenic effect and it is not indicated. If you are trying to conceive but most importantly you should avoid it during pregnancy and lactation
- Avoid drinking soy beverages. Select brown rice beverages instead.
- Drink fresh juices. Learn how to juice your own fruits and vegetables. You will greatly increase your chances of getting pregnant because they have lots of enzymes, minerals, and vitamins.
- Avoid commercial fruit juices because the pasteurization process destroys vitamins, minerals and enzymes.
- Avoid refines sugars. Choose natural sweeteners like maple syrup, honey, stevia, or agave nectar.
- Drink lots of water, 6 to 8 glasses a day. Avoid drinking tap water at all costs because it can contain harmful chemicals. It is a good idea to invest in a filtration system and only drink filtered water. Avoid bottled water because the plastic can be harmful to your health.
- Include essential fatty acids into your diet. Make sure you eat plenty of omega 3, 6 and 9 essential fatty acids. Select healthy vegetable oils like flax seed oil, oil of olive, hemp oil, and coconut oil.
- Give up smoking, drinking alcohol, and coffee.
If you have gained anything from reading this, don’t hesitate to share it with others too. Put your comments and questions or topics you will like us to write about in the comment box below.
Stay Healthy And Never Give Up!
Tel – 08099666650
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter – @planbwellness