Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled sacs or pockets that develop within or on the surface of one or both of a woman’s ovaries. Most women will develop at least one cyst at some point in their lives.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), most premenopausal women have cysts at one or more times in their lives, while up to 14.8 percent of women have them after menopause.
Most ovarian cysts are considered functional, meaning that they occur normally during the menstrual cycle and are not a part of a disease process.
They are usually benign and appear without any apparent reason. Pathological cysts, on the other hand, can either be benign or cancerous.
Often, people are not aware of ovarian cysts as they typically do not cause any problems. However, in some cases they can cause symptoms like abdominal bloating, pain during bowel movements, menstrual irregularities, pelvic pain before or during the menstrual cycle, pain during sex, pain in the lower back or thighs, pressure in the rectum or bladder, nausea, and vomiting. Certain types of ovarian cysts can also cause decreased fertility.
In many cases, ovarian cysts disappear on their own within a few months. However, if they cause discomfort, there are many natural remedies that can help relieve symptoms and shrink the size of the cysts.
Here are the top 10 home remedies for ovarian cysts;
Heat is said to be quite effective in reducing muscle cramps or pain in the abdomen due to ovarian cysts.
- Put a heating pad or hot water bottle on your abdomen and lower pelvic area.
- Do this for at least 15 minutes.
- Follow this remedy whenever you experience pain in the abdomen for quick relief.
2. Castor Oil Pack
Castor oil packs are an age-old remedy for ovarian cysts. Castor oil clears the body of excess tissues and toxins. It also stimulates the lymphatic and circulatory systems, which helps reduce and dissolve ovarian cysts.
- Fold a large flannel cloth to make it two or three layers thick. Make sure the folded cloth is large enough to cover your entire abdomen.
- Drizzle about two tablespoons of castor oil on the cloth. Fold the cloth in half to saturate and then unfold it.
- Lay down with an old towel under you and put the flannel cloth on your abdomen.
- Cover the castor oil cloth with plastic and then with an old towel.
- Place a hot water bottle over the towel and then cover yourself in a warm blanket.
- Leave the castor oil pack on for at least 30 minutes and then remove it.
- Repeat the process about three times a week for three months.
To remove oil from the skin after using the castor oil pack, you can wash the treated area with a solution of three tablespoons of baking soda mixed in one quart (four cups) of water.
Note: Do not use castor oil packs during menstruation. If you are trying to conceive then do not use this remedy after ovulation.
3. Epsom Salt Bath
An Epsom salt bath will also greatly help reduce pain and other symptoms associated with ovarian cysts. The high magnesium sulfate content in Epsom salt works as a muscle relaxant that in turn eases pain.
- Add one cup of Epsom salt to your bath tub filled with warm water.
- Add five to 10 drops of essential oils like lavender, rose or jasmine.
- Stir for a few minutes so that the salt dissolves.
- Soak your lower body in this water for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Follow this remedy once daily.
4. Chamomile Tea
Herbal tea like chamomile tea is also considered a good remedy for treating ovarian cysts and the associated pain and discomfort. The gentle sedative effect of chamomile tea will reduce pain and help you to relax. Also, the warm nature of this tea will also help regulate irregular periods by stimulating blood flow in the pelvic area and uterus.
- Mix two teaspoons of dried chamomile in a cup of hot water.
- Cover and steep for five minutes.
- Strain, add one teaspoon of honey and drink the tea.
- You can drink two to three cups of chamomile tea daily until you get rid of the problem.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar can help shrink and dissolve ovarian cysts caused by potassium deficiency. It is high in potassium and recommended by many health experts.
- Add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to a glass of warm water.
- Mix in one tablespoon of black strap molasses.
- Drink one or two glasses of this solution daily.
- Follow this remedy until the cysts disappear completely.
This remedy will also help with the symptoms of excessive menstrual bleeding as well as bloating and cramping throughout periods.
Beetroot contains a compound known as betacyanin that boosts the liver’s ability to clear toxins out of your system. Plus, the alkaline nature of beetroot helps balance the acidity in your body. This in turn reduces the severity of many symptoms of ovarian cysts.
- Mix one-half cup of freshly extracted beetroot juice with one tablespoon each of aloe vera gel and blackstrap molasses.
- Drink this once daily before eating your breakfast.
- Follow this remedy daily until your symptoms have reduced.
7. Ginger Juice
Ginger is a strong anti-inflammatory herb that reduces inflammation and relieves pain. Also, ginger increases heat in the body and induces menstruation.
- Blend a two-inch piece of ginger, two stalks of celery, half a glass of apple juice and three-fourths of a pineapple in a juicer. Drink this juice once daily until the cysts are gone.
- Also, you can drink two to three cups of ginger tea daily.
Flaxseed helps balance the proportion of estrogen to progesterone in your body. This will help reduce the cysts. Plus, flaxseeds are rich in fiber that helps the body eliminate harmful toxins, cholesterol and other waste products processed by the liver.
- Mix one tablespoon of ground flaxseed in a glass of warm water. Drink it daily on an empty stomach until you notice improvement in your condition.
- You can also add ground flaxseeds to yogurt, smoothies, soups and salads.
Almond is a magnesium-rich food that helps reduce painful cramps associated with ovarian cysts.
- Simply eat some dry roasted almonds to relieve the pain and discomfort.
- Alternatively, gentle massaging of the abdominal area with almond oil can help ease pain and bloating. For best results, add a few drops of jasmine essential oil to one tablespoon of almond oil and then use it for massage.
- You can also add one teaspoon of sweet almond oil to a glass of warm milk and drink it once daily. Follow any of these remedies until you recover completely.
10. Increase Fluid Intake
When suffering from ovarian cysts, it is essential to increase your fluid intake. Your best option is water. Try to drink alkaline as well as filtered water at regular intervals. You can add a dash of lemon juice to a glass of water before drinking it. Water will flush out harmful toxins from your system and create a haven for healing. This in turn will reduce your pain and alleviate swelling in your abdomen.
Along with water, you can drink coconut water and green vegetable juice. Avoid coffee, soda and alcoholic beverages.
Seek immediate medical attention if you have severe or sharp pelvic pain, fever, dizziness, rapid breathing or vaginal pain with spotty bleeding. These symptoms can indicate a ruptured cyst or an ovarian torsion, which can have serious consequences if not treated timely.
If you have been diagnosed of ovarian cyst and you need a guaranteed way to get rid of it naturally without surgery, read about our Ovarian Cyst Remedy Kit that will help you eliminate ovarian cyst naturally.
If you have gained anything from reading this, don’t hesitate to share it with others too. Put your comments and questions or topics you will like us to write about in the comment box below.
Stay Healthy And Never Give Up!
Tel – 08099666650
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter – @planbwellness