Home remedies to lower blood pressure are highly beneficial in controlling High Blood Pressure naturally, without any side effects. High Blood Pressure is a “silent killer” that is medically known as Hypertension. When dealing with this ailment, it is imperative to take appropriate measures to lower blood pressure or else it can lead to serious complications like atherosclerosis, heart attack, stroke, eye damage, peripheral artery disease, kidney failure and other such conditions.
What is High Blood Pressure?
Basically, blood pressure refers to the pressure of blood on artery walls while it circulates throughout the body. It is measured in terms of systolic (when heart contracts or pumps blood into arteries) and diastolic pressure (when heart receives blood returning from body).
According to the American Heart Association, blood pressure reading below 120/80 mm Hg is considered normal. 120-139/80-89 mmHg is Pre Hypertension, 140-159/90-99 mmHg is Stage 1 Hypertension and above 160/100 mmHg is Stage 2 Hypertension. 90/60 mm Hg or less is considered as Low Blood Pressure.
It is recommended to take several readings over a period of time to ascertain the condition.
Smoking, alcoholism, improper diet, high salt intake, obesity, stress, inactivity and genetic predisposition are some of the most common factors that contribute in causing Primary or Essential Hypertention. It is more common in blacks than whites.
Besides, conditions like endocrine disease, kidney disease, diabetes, constriction of aorta, pregnancy and intake of steroidal drugs, appetite suppressants, antidepressants, oral contraceptives, especially the ones containing estrogen can cause Secondary Hypertension.
More often than not, patients do not experience any significant symptoms in the beginning, except for mild and non specific issues like dizziness, nausea, headache, blurred vision, nosebleed and palpitation.
Natural Home Remedies to Lower Blood Pressure
- A combination of onion juice and honey mixed in equal quantities is one of the most popular natural home remedies to lower blood pressure. This therapy works best when you follow it for at least three weeks by taking two teaspoons of the mixture on a daily basis.
- Recent studies indicate that drinking about 250ml or more beetroot juice is another valuable natural cure that helps reduce blood pressure quickly. Therefore, regular consumption of this juice can control High Blood Pressure.
- Curry leaves are highly beneficial in home treatment for high blood pressure. Simply boil about 25-30 curry leaves in water. Then, strain and drink the solution to lower high blood pressure naturally at home. Parsley leaves (20gm) can also be taken in the same way.
- Eating garlic on a regular basis is a highly effective natural way to lower blood pressure.
- Daily eating fresh papaya early in the morning on empty stomach is one of the simplest natural remedies to lower high blood pressure.
- Regularly consuming a combination of 300ml carrot juice and 200ml spinach juice also serves as a safe and easy natural cure to lower blood pressure. Take this mixture two times in a day to get encouraging results.
- Eating watermelon and drinking juice extracted from this nutritious fruits can help a great deal in lowering high blood pressure. You can also consume dried and roasted watermelon seeds to heal this problem.
- Indian Gooseberry juice, lemon juice and grapefruit juice are regarded as excellent natural home remedies to lower blood pressure. Indian Gooseberry juice can be taken by having 1-2 tablespoon of the juice mixed with some honey early in the morning. Lemon juice can be taken in the form of lemon juice (half a lemon) or lemon extract (2-3 tablespoons) mixed in water.
Further Suggestions to Lower High Blood Pressure
Apart from following the above natural home remedies to lower blood pressure, you should also adopt some diet and lifestyle modifications. For instance, your diet should be aimed at the inclusion of foods rich in magnesium, potassium and calcium such as dark leafy greens, nuts, seeds, fish, beans, whole grains, avocados, yogurt, bananas, dried fruits and so on. Needless to add, restrict your salt intake.
In addition, it is recommended to have a healthy and balanced diet consisting of a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and stay away from saturated fats.
In fact, when dealing with High Blood Pressure, consumption of boiled potatoes are considered highly beneficial as they help absorb salt to some extent. Moreover, brown rice is useful in avoiding problems caused by High Blood Pressure. Besides, stay away from cigarette smoking and alcohol consumption.
Another popular suggestion for reducing and controlling blood pressure is to walk barefoot on green grass for about 15 minutes daily. Engaging in exercise and yoga on a regular basis also help lower blood pressure. In addition, monitor your blood pressure regularly, reduce excess weight and learn to relax.
If you have gained anything from reading this, don’t hesitate to share it with others too. Put your comments and questions or topics you will like us to write about in the comment box below.
Stay Healthy And Never Give Up!
Tel – 08099666650
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter – @planbwellness