Approximately 3 out of 5 black women have uterine fibroids. Uterine fibroids are extremely common these days. In fact, hundreds of thousands of black women have hysterectomies (a surgical procedure to remove the womb) every year because of complications caused by uterine fibroids. But did you know that research shows that only 10% of hysterectomies are medically necessary?
Having a hysterectomy is major surgery, sometimes requiring a month or more of recovery time. In addition, a complete hysterectomy induces premature menopause with symptoms like hot flashes, weight gain, and mood swings. In many cases, natural therapies can be explored as an alternative in order to help the uterine area normalize naturally.
This article is going to discuss the top ways to improve uterine health for women with fibroids. It explores gentle diet approaches and whole herbs, which you can discuss with your physician or natural health practitioner.
What are Uterine Fibroids?
Uterine fibroids are growths between the sizes of a walnut and orange that appear on, or within the uterine walls. Most fibroids are not cancerous, and, according to some estimates, have less than 1/2 of 1% chance of becoming cancerous before menopause. In fact, most fibroids go away after menopause.
Further, uterine health can be supported by making simple diet changes including specific whole herb formulas.
Natural Uterine Support for Women With Fibroids
- Follow a low fat, vegetarian diet –. Italian research reported inObstetrics and Gynecology shows while eating red meat doubles the risk of developing uterine fibroids, eating plenty of vegetables cuts fibroid risk in half. Eating a plant-based diet can relieve symptoms by reducing inflammation and enhancing metabolism.
- Reduce caffeine intake – Caffeine can aggravate fibroids by increasing estrogen production. (Estrogen receptors are higher in fibroid tissue.) Research reported in the journal Fertility and Sterility shows women who consume 500 milligrams of caffeine daily, the equivalent of 4-5 cups of coffee, produce 70% more estrogen in the follicular phase of the menstrual cycle than women who consume less than 1 cup of coffee. Some women report they can drink green or white tea without ill effect.
- A short cleanse can really help –A 24-hour vegetable juice diet helps clean out acid waste and reduces body congestion. There are many good cleanses to try.
- Eat cruciferous veggieslike broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and brussels sprouts 3-4 times a week. Indole 3 carbinol in these vegetables improves estrogen metabolism and the body’s ability to eliminate excess estrogen.
- More fiberin your diet is a natural estrogen balancer. Studies have shown that women on a high-fiber diet have lower levels of circulating estrogen. Having an apple or pear every day keeps your system free flowing.
Natural therapies can help bring your body back to balance if you’re dealing with uterine fibroids. Medical approaches may be necessary for some women, but even in these cases, gentle natural therapies can guide a woman’s body to faster recovery.
If uterine fibroid is making life miserable for you, don’t suffer in silence, get a guaranteed natural solution to uterine fibroids.
You can also have a look at our e-book ”Discover Nigerian FOODS That Make Fibroids Grow Bigger As Well As Those That Help You Shrink Fibroids Naturally”
If you have gained anything from reading this, don’t hesitate to share it with others too. Put your comments and questions or topics you will like us to write about in the comment box below.
Stay Healthy And Never Give Up!
Plan B Wellness Center
Tel – 08099666650
Email – email@example.com
Twitter – @planbwellness