Uterine fibroids are benign tumors that grow outside, inside or within the wall of the uterus (womb). Composed of muscle and fibrous tissue, these growths are sometimes known as fibromyomas, leiomyomas or uterine myomas. Scientists are still not certain why fibroids occur but there is some evidence to suggest that the over-production of the hormone estrogen plays a role.
As a result, most natural treatments for fibroids, including diet therapy, focuses on reducing estrogen to combat fibroid growth. Also, any condition which is linked to hormones should also include a treatment to boost the liver so that it can rid the body of excess toxins efficiently.
As the use of medications have caused unwanted damages to a lot of women’s reproductive system, natural therapies have proven to be a reliable alternative option.
What Are Fibroid Shrinking Foods?
These are foods which are part of an anti-estrogen eating plan. The idea is to exclude some foods from your diet which are likely to encourage estrogen production and in doing so, hopefully reduce the size of fibroids, prevent further growths and reduce symptoms of fibroids.
Always aim for organic produce where possible to avoid chemicals and toxins, in particular environmental estrogens (xenoestrogens) which are sprayed on food plants. The following are a list of products which are recommended for women with fibroids:
• Vegetables and fruits like broccoli, cabbage, bok choy, kale, turnip, watercress, radish and rocket (arugula). These are cruciferous vegetables which can help the liver detox and rid the body of excess estrogens. Avoid overcooking vegetables.
- Foods which can detoxify the blood are garlic, carrots, beets and artichokes. Drink plenty of water to help with detoxification. This also helps if you suffer from breast fibroids.
- Eat foods containing natural carotenes such as apricots, sweet potato, cantaloupe, carrots, pumpkin and spinach.
- Add foods rich in vitamin E to your diet including almonds, wheat germ, hazelnuts and cod liver oil.
- Green tea, which contains the useful antioxidant polyphenol, can counteract the effects of estrogen.
- Season your food with fresh rosemary and snack on pineapple. Both are a natural anti-inflammatory substances.
Foods To Avoid
- Avoid any food which naturally increases estrogen levels, or which recycles estrogen into a more aggressive form. These foods include alcohol and animal fats such as red meat. Any excess fat on white meat like turkey and chicken should be trimmed before cooking. Also avoid cheese, cream, butter, ice cream and chocolate.
- Replace full fat milk with low fat milk.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners.
- Avoid Soya and Soya products as a few studies indicate that it may have estrogen boosting effects.
- Avoid ready-made entrees which are packaged in plastic containers. Plastic can leech into the food which has an effect on estrogen levels.
- Never leave a plastic/nylon food wrap on food while heating in a microwave.
If you want to help yourself get rid of fibroid, you should follow these advices to the letter. Your health is important!
If you desire a fast and natural treatment for fibroid without surgery, read ‘’how to get rid of fibroid without surgery’’
Now you can join Plan B Wellness whatsapp group by visiting https://chat.whatsapp.com/AnxVYqKIb14J1qJIRqKXZX
Don’t forget to share this write-up with a lot of women you know. You can give us your feedback, questions and comments in the box below.
Stay Healthy And Never Give Up!
Plan B Wellness Center
Tel – 08099666650
Email – email@example.com
Twitter – @planbwellness